The college has a well equipped library with more than 59000 documents. The library is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on all working days, including Saturdays.
1. Identity Card issued by the college should be produced at the counter before entering the library.
2. Personal articles such as books, bags, umbrella, files etc. are not allowed in the library.
3. Students are allowed to carry only blank sheets of paper and pen to the library.
4. Library is a place for serious reading and research. Strict silence should be maintained in the library and its premises.
Borrowing and returning of Books
1. Students can borrow books from the library on producing both the Identity Card and the borrower-card. Borrower-cards are not transferable.
2. The borrower should examine the book issued to them and any damage, markings, etc. should be reported to the staff before leaving the counter.
3. The borrower will be held responsible for any defect detected when the book is returned and he/she will be required to replace the defective book with a new one or pay such compensation as may be fixed by the Government/University.
4. The loan period is normally 14 days. But the Librarian reserves the right to call back any book, at any time, from any borrower, even if the period of loan has not expired.
5. The loan period may be extended or shortened at the discretion of the Librarian.
6. If the book borrowed from the library is not returned on or before the due date, a fine of Rs. 1/- (Rs. one only) will be charged per day, on each book.
7. If a book borrowed is lost, the matter should be immediately reported to the Librarian.
8. If a book is irrecoverably lost, it must be replaced with a new one or paid for such compensation as may be fixed by the Government/University.
9. If a book belonging to a set or series is lost or damaged and a new volume is not separately available the whole set or series of books should be replaced.
10. In case the borrower-card is lost the matter should immediately be reported to the Librarian in writing.
11. All documents borrowed from the library by the students, and the members of the staff should be returned on or before the last working day of the academic year or on the date fixed by the Librarian.